*** WHY DO YOU NEED TO ORDER ASAP? ***
We only make a limited number per production cycle, and once those are gone, it could be a long wait before starting another cycle. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
The next evolution in mechanical fuel pump mounting strategies for the 4G63 that has been long overdue…the VADER Mechanical Fuel Pump (MFP) Bracket.
FITS BOTH 6 AND 7-BOLT PLATFORMS*
Simplicity by Design: Simple is a very hard concept to maintain. It is also the most elegant. That was the mindset when creating the VADER MFP bracket. Now UPDATED to reflect features found in our v3.0 rods!
Tactical Weapon Coated: At the top of the toughness coating chain, it was a no-brainer to apply this new formulation. NOT an anodized surface treatment and an entirely different coating than what our rods possess, this coating was sprayed for its durability, corrosion, and chemical resistance…and for just plain and simple militant brutishness for those that don’t attend church regularly.
Why do we go through all this extra work? To assure that this assembly is the best-looking piece under your hood now…and STILL, look new years later. THAT is what separates the men from the boys. We prefer to always think ahead…and not just live “in the now” to get a part out the door.
Set-Screwed Coupler: We have found through in-field testing, that the coupler half on the pump side, can “slide” up against the pump’s housing, causing an aluminum gunk mess (it happens at 10k+ RPMs). We have alleviated that issue by the simple addition of a set screw to make “coupler slide” something you just don’t have to think about anymore.
Installation Ease: This is always a good thing. Designed with the guy “turning the wrenches” in mind, our bracket does not need both cams (or both cam gears) removed to install. Only the T-Belt and exhaust cam/cam gear needs to be removed in order to FULLY install this piece. The VADER MFP Bracket also allows plenty of room for cam gear adjustment if necessary. Want to experiment with a crazier ramped intake cam? No problem. Interference is at a minimum.
Stainless Hardware: Of course. The quality of this piece absolutely screams for hardware that won’t corrode. We include it ALL. Even the screws to mount your pump to this bracket.
Made to Allow the Most Clearance Possible: Designing something being “mechanic friendly” always has its challenges. And we realize that not all cam-driven MFP installs will take place within the “roomier” constraints of RWD swaps. Our bracket will sink the pump towards the cam gear as much as possible which will give you that precious clearance we all long for at the chassis side. To achieve this clearance and STILL be able to function (let alone able to install it easily) has always been a balancing act. We believe we nailed it.
Weight Savings: Take the weight of the competitor’s assembly…then divide that by half. Yes, in HALF. Then take off a little bit MORE. That is what you get with the VADER MFP.
FITS ANY MECHANICAL PUMP USING THE ENDURLE BOLT PATTERN
* NOTE FOR 1G OWNERS:
- Does NOT work with the Aeromotive pumps without severe hacking to your motor mount. We do not recommend such a hillbilly approach to fitment. However, Magnafuel (and of course Waterman) pumps have no issue whatsoever. I have no clue about Weldon or the Magnus pump.
- These brackets also do not play well with AEM’s Tru-Time cam gears. Those gears are so overly thick at their mounting flange (over twice as thick as the Fidanza’s) that it will position your pump excessively outwards away from the bracket’s “Star Plate”. This will yield a narrow margin of “meat” for clamping at the pump’s collar. However, it HAS been done successfully out in the field (Evil Eagle as well as many others), and they are fantastic gears to use, but it isn’t (in theory) optimum. Don’t say I didn’t say it.
- The studs that retain the large motor mount bolt/nut will need to be “trimmed/removed” for added pump clearance. In doing so, there will be no compromise in the rigidity of the engine. Hack away.
DID YOU KNOW?
- You will have to replace the OEM timing belt side motor mount with an aftermarket mount (such as a Torque Solution). This is not really a factor since most folks that need fuel like this probably already have such a mount.
- You will no longer use your timing belt cover.
- You will no longer use your timing belt inspection cover.
- You CAN STILL use your power steering.